Website Hit Counters
song of the day: pompeii (cinematic version) - bastille (x)
'and if you close your eyes
does it almost feel like nothing’s changed at all?’
Hannibal & Alana + being your average, domesticated couple, free from pain and suffering (◡‿◡✿)
Essential Productivity Apps for any student:
- Caffeine- Prevents your screen from going into sleep mode. Great if you’re writing notes on an article and the screen keeps dimming, whilst you hope that if you stare long enough, the phrase “homologous ways to a view of hegemony” will start to make sense.
- Flux- If you find that you can’t sleep for ages after studying late at night, then this app is a total game changer. It basically turns the light on the screen red, because science people say that blue light keeps you awake and red light doesn’t. (*Full Disclosure* I’m not a scientist)
- Focusbar- The annoying voice of your mother nagging you to finish your homework…in app form. You can set the annoying level (I have it set on “wildly annoying”) and a bar will appear in the corner every few seconds to remind you that you’re supposed to be doing something else besides looking at cat photos.
- Microsoft Office- self explanatory, so I’ve linked to an article about life hacks for Microsoft Office instead. Because I’m just that awesome.
- Nag- Does your 5 minute study break keep turning into an hour on Youtube? Then you need Nag in your life. It’s basically an alarm/timer. But an extremely loud and annoying alarm/timer that’s very difficult to ignore. The bells genuinely sound more judgemental the longer you ignore it.
- Self Control- Also known as Cold Turkey for Microsoft users. If you absolutely cannot be trusted with an internet connection, then you need Self Control in your life. You add a list of websites to the “blacklist”and then set how long you want the app to work for, and for that duration of time you wont be able to access those website. Seriously, not even rebooting your computer or uninstalling the app will let you access the blacklist until your time is up. Tough love at its finest.
- Zotero- The new love of my life. Zotero allows you to manage all your citations and sources in one easy place. It’s an absolute life saver- no joke. There’s an in-word add in, so it will write your bibliography and citations for you in any format you want. There’s a chrome/firefox add in and a mobile app, so you don’t even have to type the citation into Zotero. Just press the button it does all the hard work for you. It even updates itself online, so you can still access your bibliography if your computer crashes. I <3 Zotero 5eva.
reblog and bold which you prefer - hannibal meme
hannibal or will
zeller or price
alana or jack or chilton
people meat or fish
winston or applesauce
hannigram or hannibloom
franklyn or tobias or randall tier
gun or hands
matthew brown or miriam lass
films or movies or series
mads mikkelsen or hugh dancy or laurence fishburne
preller or wilton or brownham
angel murder or bee lady or human tree
leonard braver or kade purnell
mason verger or pavlov verger
sotl or red dragon or hannibal or hannibal rising
season 1 or 2
beverly katz or margot verger
gideon or garrett jacob hobbs
creepy bird dish or creepy leg dish
wine or beer
mischa or abigail
Untitled unter We Heart It.
Book Haul | July 2014
Trying a new sort of post this time. I hope it works. So yeah, these are the books I’ve got this month! 1. The Penguin Book of Word Histories, by Fred McDonald “Compiled by Fred McDonald, this new …
July Book Haul!
“He’s a sort of athletic, courtly, sophisticated European. I wanted to dress him with a feeling of the past and tradition and a rich heritage, but in looks that are also really appealing to the contemporary eye.”
Hannibal’s attire is dominated by three piece suits, elaborate, Deckard-type ties, pocket puffs and textured shirts. Slim-legged pants, “with an almost Edwardian fit,” Hargadon says, paired with piqued-lapelled jackets, round out the character’s custom-made wardrobe. With few exceptions—a few cashmere sweaters, going tieless while working with the FBI in the field, or prepping for dirty kitchen work in an apron—the doctor is the perfect picture of a refined sociopath. In regards to the character’s palette, Hargadon worked with paler color schemes at the season’s start, but implemented darker tones to reflect the increasingly ominous story line.
“I started him very light and approachable looking,” the designer says. “As he unmasks himself over the 13 episodes, he becomes much darker—but always sophisticated.” - Christopher Hargadon. (Hannibal Costume Designer)
Toothless is so cute here.
HIS NOSTRILS ARE PINK ON THE INSIDES
YOU CAN SEE THE EDGES OF HIS SCALES
HE’S STILL COVERED IN DIRT AND SOOT FROM THE FIGHT
DREAMWORKS WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME
how could you not want a toothless on your dash
can we talk about hiS EYES
This beautiful, soothing melody was composed by Brian Reitzell, a talented musician who loves to “play anything and everything”. For some reason I associate it with my first meeting of Agent Graham, maybe because I discovered both of them roughly at the same time.
Alana and Hannibal looking at each other (Part 2/2)
(Part 1 can be found here)
During the underwater filming Daniel Radcliffe, a couple of the cast members, and all of the underwater crew posed for a photo which he later sent out as a Christmas card with Rudolph noses and antlers Photoshopped on everyone’s faces.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)